Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Waiting Game

I'ts official. I really am a Melbourne City girl now. Started my new job during the 2nd week of January and I'm in the heart of the city everyday. I'm still learning the role and it has an administration component. But it also involves proofreading, editing and putting things online - things I love doing. So I praise God because now I'm using what I learned before and learning some things about publishing in Australia on the side. I had no clue how to get a job like this one, I was led to it.

Gryphon and I had our first wedding anniversary last January 8. It's now been a year since we've seen each other. But things are starting to look up. He was originally slated to have his interview last December but was asked to put in an extra document. But it turned out to be better timing to have his interview on January 10 because the consul's only concern was my job and how I would support him. Gryphon was able to say that I already have a permanent post. And then it turned out that he actually had chicken pox and the boils came out the next day. Talk about timing!

The consul requested that I send a certificate of employment. It arrived this Monday and got to the Embassy today. So now, it's a waiting game. It will be a minimum of two months from now but we don't really know how long it will take. It is out of our hands. So we prepare and we hope and we pray. Can't wait to be enfolded in his embrace once again.